Covid -19 Update Budworth Starts phase 2 of a return to sailing
Published 19:07 on 25 May 2020
Following a successful weekend's sailing we are pleased to announce phase 2 of our return to sailing.
Although we're not yet ready to officially race (although we are monitoring other clubs in this regard), we wish to continue with the current approach to recreational sailing.
Our plans for Phase 2 now look as follows:
- Sailing will be available for three sessions a day, 7 days a week (the half hour gaps are to reduce congestion at change over):
- 1700- 2100
- All sessions must be booked on-line via the website (15 household slots per session)
- No safety cover will be available so it is your responsibility to ensure you can sail in the conditions
- Access will be dependent on key holders taking responsibility to unlock/lock the gate from Monday to Friday
- Committee members will open and close the gate and clubhouse at the weekend
- No lone sailing at any time .
- Clubhouse will not be open Monday to Friday
- Only the disabled toilet will be available in the clubhouse at the weekends:
- Changing rooms and the Galley area will be closed off
- Sanitiser and wet wipes will be available inside the clubhouse but members must be responsible for cleaning as they go
- Only one person in the club house at any time so please queue as required to prevent distancing issues.
- To avoid the fishermen, please do not sail between the far shore and the I, H and X buoys at any time (we may add further buoys to cordon this area off)
- There will be emergency contact numbers available for rescuing boats stuck in the mud but it is unlikely to be an immediate response during the week.
Please follow the updated risk assessment which can be found on the following link: Risk Assessement for Sailing at Budworth Covid 19 25th May.docx