At regular intervals during the year Budworth holds "Class Open" events for all our adopted classes. This is usually a one day event, but some take place over a two day weekend. Our Icebreaker; Raceboard; Saturday Handicap and Autumn Series are also open to visitors, so we hope you will come and join us.
More details for each event are available on the Event Details page.
Boxing Day RNLI Open Charity event
This popular event attracts sailors from around the North West - do come and join us. Click the heading for full details!
Sailing for Visitors at Budworth:
Visitors are very welcome to sail in the following Open series and single events:
- The Icebreaker Open Series takes place on Sundays in March
- Visitors are very welcome to join us. Racing is for monohull dinghies with a PY rating of 980 and higher, racing for the fabulous Scott Trophy.
- Start at 13:30, with 3 races scheduled each day, 5 races to count.
- In the event of cancellation of a race or races because of weather conditions the qualifying number will be reduced to one half of races held rounded up.
- Entry fee for visitors: £10 per day, or £20 for the series.
- Visitors who pay for the series may, on request, leave their boat at the club for the duration of the series.
- Raceboard Series, Tuesday evenings, April to end August.
- Saturday Handicap Series, (Main Points and Summer Series) Saturdays from April until end October.
(Visitors: £6 per day maximum 10 days, PY 964 or greater, join in our Handicap or Junior fleets)
- Autumn Series, Sundays in November and December, Budworth classes only (£10 individual event, series cost £50)
- (See also our Events page and Event Calendar for specific dates)
Also, we would invite you to join us for our Boxing Day Open Charity event, 26th December, 12:00. (£10 per boat)
Class Open Meetings remaining this year are:
- RS200 Northern Tour Finale - 28th oct