Covid -19 Update Budworth Starts phase 2.1 of a return to sailing
Published 10:25 on 3 Jun 2020
After another glorious week of sunshine and sailing we are further easing the restrictions on lock down, (whilst building on the arrangements already in place):
- Still no organised racing unfortunately
- Slots per sailing session now increased from 15 to 20
- Disabled toilet in the clubhouse now available 7 days a week
- Please ensure the toilet is left in the manner expected as, following the weekend, our cleaner has commented that the 'toilet was very messy with food, wrappers and yogurt tubes all over the floor'
- Members are responsible for ensuring that someone in their sailing session is able to open and close the clubhouse and administer the alarm (especially towards the end of the day). This particularly applies on Mondays and Thursdays where few members are likely to be around
- First aid kit, defibrillator and keys to various containers are available on or in the cupboard in the hallway
- Club boats are now available to hire and should be booked via the Whatsapp 'Better Sailing' Group where advice and guidance will be provided on whether the conditions are suitable for sailing. A slot will still need to be booked
- The club boats will be available for hire on Wednesday evenings and Sundays. They may be available on the Saturday but check via the "Whatsapp" group first before booking a slot
- The use of a club boat is subject to being washed down with soapy water before and after the sail to protect against cross infection
- Please note that the overnight parking of camper vans and motorhomes is specifically not allowed under the current government guidance.
- Unfortunately, we are still unable to provide safety ribs but we are investigating how we can make this work. Please note they should not be removed from the containers unless a committee member has requested it.
- To significantly reduce the number of day trippers and sightseers who continually access the club, we'd like members to adopt the habit of closing the gate. There is no need to lock it as a loop of rope has been added to secure the gate to the locking post. Once you've driven in, please close the gate and loop the rope over to hold it in place.
Please read the full risk assessment which has been updated in line with phase 2.1 and is available on the following link Risk Assessement for Sailing at Budworth Covid 19 2nd June.docx