Thinks and Drinks winter evenings
Published 19:12 on 2 Jan 2019
The Budworth Thinks and Drinks evenings are now underway!
The aim of these sessions are to provide n entertaining and educational evening socials. The subject matter for most of the sessions is aimed at those starting to think about or novice racers.
However as we move into March the evenings move towards longer standing members with subjects on running racing at Budworth, hands on rope splicing skills, RMS training and finishing off with a rules evenings.
Some of the evenings are provided by experienced sailors from within the club, whereas for the more specialist areas we have a couple of visitors coming along to support us. Most of these evenings are provided for free, only the rope splicing has a cost to cover expenses.
All the evenings are open to all members of the club. Please sign up on line at the links provided to enable us to prepare suitably with materials for each evening. Confirmed dates are below, but others may follow as the month moves forward.
- 10th January - (Thurs) - An introduction to Dinghy Racing - with Hugh Devereux
- 18th January - (Friday) - The Start - with Jon Chapman
- 25th January - (Friday) - The Beat - Cancelled - Moved to 28th Feb due to clash with Snipe Social
- 31st January - (Thurs) - Mark Rounding - with Ted Garner
- 7th February - (Thurs) - Single handed sailing skills - with Pete Wilkinson
- 14th February - (Thurs) - Downwind leg and Spinnaker handling - with Bill Kenyon
- 22nd February -(Friday) - Boat trim and Sail setting - with Ted Garner
- 28th February (Thurs) - The Beat - withJOhn Waind
- 7th March - (Thurs) - Running racing at Budworth - with Russell Page
- 8th March - (Friday) - Rope splicing with Ian Turnbull of Ropes 4 boats - £15 per head - Maximum 20 people.
- 14th March - (Thurs) - RMS training - with Chris Hearn
- 22nd March (Friday) - Roll tacking and Gybing - TBA
- 28th March - (Thurs) - Rules evening with Peter Johnson RYA advisor
You can book the events online by clicking on each item and booking tickets. We will open them up as we go through. Please do help us by indicating your intentions to attend. With thanks to those providing the training.