Notice of Race: Commodore’s Regatta Sunday 7th July
Published 14:00 on 4 Jul 2019
Notice of Race: Commodore's Regatta Sunday 7th July
The event is open to all members of Budworth Sailing Club sailing an adopted class. Raceboards may compete on handicap. Perpetual trophies are reserved for dinghy classes.
Racing shall be according the Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020 (RRS), with RYA prescriptions and as per the Budworth Sailing Instructions. Where this notice of race and the Budworth Sailing Instructions conflict the notice of race shall take precedence. No section of Appendix B for Raceboards shall apply.
Schedule of Races
- 11:00 Budworth Belles and Crews races (Handicap)
- 12:15 Race 1 of Champion Helm series (Handicap)
- Races 2 (Pursuit) and Race 3 (Handicap) to follow after lunch
- Prize giving will be after race 3
After three races have been sailed a competitor shall discard their lowest score.
One race shall constitute a series.
The handicaps to be used will be those recommended by the Race Committee, approved by the Main Committee for use in 2019 for Budworth adopted classes, and as displayed in the clubhouse. These handicap numbers may differ from those published by the RYA.
- Budworth Belle – The highest placed lady helm (Junior or Adult) in the Budworth Belle and Crews race
- Junior Budworth Belle – The next placed Junior lady helm after the highest placed lady helm in the Budworth Belle and Crews race
- Crew Tankard – the highest placed helm in the Budworth Belle and Crews race who is usually a crew. The Racing Secretary's decision on eligibility for the Crew Tankard shall be final.
- Champion Helm – The highest place dinghy in the Champion Helm series
- Junior Champion Helm – The next placed dinghy after the highest placed dinghy sailed by a Junior(s) in the Champion Helm series. Both helm and crew must be a Junior.
- Okell Cup – The highest placed dinghy in the Pursuit Race (Race 2)
- Veteran's Trophy – The highest placed dinghy with a helm over 50 in the Champion Helm Series
- Super Veteran's Trophy (The Winning Post) – The highest placed dinghy with a helm over 60 in the Champion Helm Series
For the Veteran's and Super Veteran's Trophies, the presence or age of a crew is immaterial for eligibility.
Other prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the Commodore.
A Junior is defined as 18 years old or under on the 31st August 2019.