There’s so much, it’s hard to know where to begin!
- We have a lovely lake to sail on.
- A super club-house with modern facilities.
- We sail a wide range of boats and enjoy good handicap and class racing.
- The club offers training for adults and juniors – you can find out more detail under “About Us/Training”
- And we also have fun fleet and club social occasions.
But what if you are new to sailing, or claim that you know nothing about sailing?
Lots of our members would agree that is how they felt originally but you need to have a go and join in. Experiential learning is the quickest way to pick up anything and in the process you make lots of new friends too. Often you can surprise yourself!
Sailors in general are a very friendly bunch and we are keen to encourage others to join us in the sport we love. As a crew you don’t need to own a boat, and can try sailing with club members in several of our different types of boat if you wish. If you have a boat, or buy one, the more experienced members can also offer coaching tips from the ribs (rescue boats) when you take to the water, or give advice on the shore before that.
The club bar is a great place to get to know people, and you will pick up the sailing bug quickly!
We’ll look forward to talking to you or seeing you down at the club!