This weekend is the last weekend of sailing for the Autumn series. I am not saying anything about wind forecasts, as this will guarantee poor wind on the day.
First race at 12.00, followed by the annual prize giving for all those who missed the Dinner Dance. Come down and have a sail or just enjoy the prize giving after racing finishes at about 4.30pm.
Don’t forget Budworth Boxing Day Bash – 26th December 2015 – The last event of the year before racing shutdown.
Charity fundraiser in aid of the RNLI
- Entry £10 per boat (£5 for Juniors)
- 2 Races scheduled starting 12:00
- Briefing at 11:30
- Fast Handicap (960-1060)
- Slow Handicap (1061-1300)
- Single Handers
Those who have been before will recall this as a festive handicap racing day, for sailing junkies fed up with the turkey, stuffing and Christmas pudding, looking to ease those waistbands and get the blood pumping again.
And those not wanting to sail? Just come along for the social and the spectacle!
Two further Tree cutting working parties– This Saturday 19th December and 2nd January.
Starting at 9:00 and going through to midday. We will be working on the bank opposite the clubhouse and adjacent to Marbury Park (H to X).
We need volunteers to:
- Bring loppers to cut branches (NO CHAINSAWS ALLOWED)
- Rib drivers to ferry people across and to act as tugs to the floating pontoons
- People to load the floating pontoons to bring cut wood back to the club
- People to unload the wood at the club
- Processing the wood in the Laser park
- We will meet at the clubhouse. Contact Russell Page to volunteer.
That’s it from me for 2015. Thanks for renewing your membership at Budworth. Please remember to come down twice on the working parties. These are crucial to maintain the club and grounds that we all use for sailing.
Have a great Christmas and don’t eat too much turkey or you will end up as slow as me in light winds:)
See you on the water soon.