North West Junior Traveller Trophy Budworth Open
Notice of Race
Monday 4th May 2015
A fun event for youth and junior dinghy racers of all abilities. Get a boat and join in!
- The open meeting will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS).
- The RYA prescriptions to the Racing Rules of Sailing will apply.
- The Published open meeting sailing instructions will apply
- Eligibility and Entry
- Entry is open Youth and Junior sailors as noted below; there is no requirement for entrants to be RYA Junior members, members of RYA affiliated clubs or members of a class association.
- The Youth handicap event shall be open to helms and crews under the age of 19 on the 31st August 2015.
- The Junior handicap event shall be open to helms and crews under the age of 17 on the 31st December 2015. There will also be a separate prize category for under 14 on the 31st December 2015.
- The Optimist event shall be open to helms under the age of 16 on the 31st December 2015.
- The provision of separate starts for each classification of entry shall be at the discretion of the Race Committee based upon sufficient numbers being entered to warrant a separate start.
- Entry Fees
- Budworth SC shall be open for entry forms and registration from 8:30am.
- Entries close before the start of the first race
- There will be a briefing at approximately 10:30am
- The event is planned to be three race series, with the first warning signal not before 10:55am
- The low points scoring system of Appendix A will apply.
- The event will have 3 races with the best two results to count (when less than 3 races are ‘sailed’ there will be no discard).
- The event will be deemed to have been ‘sailed’ when one or more starts have taken place.
- Prizes for the event will be awarded as follows subject to a minimum of 9 entrants in each fleet and fleet category:
- Youth Fleet – first, second and third
- Junior Fleet – first, second and third
- Junior Fleet under 14 – first, second and third
- Junior Fleet – first placed double handed boat
- Optimist Fleet – first, second and third
- Team Trophy – for best overall club
- Endeavour Trophy
Additional prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the Race Committee
- Disclaimer of Liability
- Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See Rule 4, Decision to Race. The organising authority will not accept any liability for material damage, personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
- Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of £2,000,000 per event.
- Further Information
- For further information please contact Russell Page – email Russell